Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the different diseases of the eyeball and orbit. The department of ophthalmology provides quality eye health care, including medical, surgical and optical care, through the intervention of competent eye doctors and use of state-of-the-art modern diagnostic equipment.
To create an ophthalmology facility that is equipped with modern equipment and facilities, with competent and compassionate eye doctors, dedicated in providing high standard eye health care in Region VIII.
The EVRMC Department of Ophthalmology commits itself to:
- Dedicated, compassionate, and competent care in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of eye diseases.
- Render quality assured eye health care in ensuring reliability of service and care.
- Delivery of holistic eye health care services to all patients with no regard to creed and race.
- Harboring educational development, training, research and professional growth of the medical staff and members.
- To provide quality eye health care to ambulatory patients at the outpatient department.
- To provide quality emergency eye treatment to patients at emergency room.
- To ensure that a quality and adequate medical and surgical eye health care be given to all patients with eye problem.
- To strengthen interdepartmental and inter-hospital relationship through local cataract surgical mission and service delivery network.
- To aim for excellence in the field of ophthalmology through the residency training program, continuing medical education, conduct of relevant research and improvement of surgical skill.
- The Department of Ophthamology shall aspire to deliver the best possible eye health care service in ophthalmologic diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of complications according to the standards of practice set by the Department of Health (DOH), Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology (PAO) and Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC).
- The department will provide quality eye health care to the patients of the Outpatient Department (OPD), Emergency Room and the local government units that cater to the Service Delivery Network (SDN) and “Blindness Prevention Program” of the DOH.
- It will also produce competent and highly skilled ophthalmologists through its residency training program.