The Department of Family & Community Medicine is committed to provide quality health care delivery services, conduct teaching activities to resident-trainees and perform researches relevant to family practice and provide extension services to communities through immersion, medical missions and lay for a.
The Department of Family & Community Medicine, EVRMC commits itself to be the Center of Excellence for the practice of Family Medicine in the region. It is a teaching-training department recognized and accredited by the Philippine Academy of Family Physicians dedicated to produce competent, socially responsive Family Medicine specialist committed to the achievement of optimum health of the Filipino families in Region VIII.
- Become a leading force in the transformation of the Philippine Health Care Delivery System relevant to the needs of the Filipino families in the region.
- Uphold standards of excellence in service, training and research focused on the health care of Filipino families.
- Establish a strong collaboration with other Training Departments, Specialties, Professional Organizations, local government units, Non Government and Government Organizations and Agencies built on trust and mutual respect.
- To foster close relationships with past graduates/alumni in order to promote and enhance their continuing medical education and professional growth.
- Improve the quality of healthcare delivery services in the OPD, ward and ambulatory care unit of Family Medicine in the Emergency Room.
- Maintain its status as a teaching-training department recognized and accredited by the Philippine Academy of Family Physicians dedicated to produce competent, socially responsive Family Medicine specialists committed to the achievement of the optimum health of the Filipino families in Region VIII.
- To provide a quality health care delivery services in the OPD , ward and ambulatory care unit of Emergency Department.
- To implement and maintain the accreditation of the Residency Training Program of the Department of Family and Community Medicine of EVRMC.
- To conduct relevant researches that contribute to medical breakthroughs and health policy.
- To actively participate in the delivery of primary health services in the community.
The Department of Family and Community Medicine is mandated to undertake the following functions:
- Provide a quality, safe health care delivery to all patients seen at OPD, ward and emergency departments.
- Coordinate with other medical services and other stakeholders in the management of patients/ communities.
- Maintain the full accreditation of the residency training program of the department and supervise the teaching-training activities of resident-trainees, senior and junior medical interns.
- Engage in staff development and enhancement trainings for its staff and trainees.
- Engage in research activities through lectures, workshops, review of proposals , conduct and submit completed researches.
- Conduct advocacy lectures and lay for a.
- Conduct medical missions, community oriented primary care and make an advocacy report.
- Conduct a patient satisfaction survey.
- Perform administrative functions as follows:
- Submission of PPMP, WFP, SALN, accomplishment reports and schedule of duties.
- Formulation of policies and procedures pertaining to the department’s service, training and research.
- Inventory of Hospital Property and equipments.
- Evaluation of each employee’s and department’s performance in terms of quality service delivered, and in the performance of staff/resident-trainees’ duties and responsibilities.
- Documentation of incident reports and surveillance of reportable diseases.